Skip to main content

Fudge Cake

 Fudge Cake


Tray Size: 30cm x 20cm
Makes 24 pieces


A delicious, moist chocolatey fudge cake that's sure to please the taste buds.

Ingredients:


  • 400g        Butter
  • 250g        Sugar
  • 500g        Crushed Wine Biscuits
  • 2Tbsp      Cocoa
  • 1              Egg
  • ½ tsp       Vanilla Essence

Method:

  1. On a medium heat melt butter in a large pot. Add sugar and cocoa and stir constantly so it doesn't burn on the bottom.
  2. When combined and sugar isn't so grainy, remove from heat and beat in the vanilla.
  3. Let it cool slightly so egg can be added and mix together. Mixture should be cool enough so when the egg is added it doesn't cook.
  4. Add crushed wine biscuits and mix until well combined. Press into a lined  tin. Leave it to set.
  5. Ice with any of the following....
  • Chocolate Icing
  • Cream Cheese Icing
  • Peppermint 
  • Caramel

The choice is yours!! Mix n match ie. caramel and chocolate, cream cheese and chocolate chips. Sprinkle with chocolate hail, chocolate chips, hundreds and thousands etc....

Tip: If you don't have a food processor, put biscuits into a plastic bag and beat them with a rolling pin. I like to leave some bigger chunks in the mix to add texture and crunch to the fudge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Jeans With Lace Inserts

  DIY Jeans with LACE INSERTS After sewing a pair of jeans that were too small for me with  denim square inserts  I decided to go through the pile of jeans I got for free to see if there was another pair I could tickle up with a bit of fancy decoration. And of course there was! My dear friend gave me a box full of bits n bobs and in amoungst it all were some net curtains with a pretty pattern and a scalloped edge. One side was embossed and the other side had a netting layer and was no where near as impressive.  This is how I made them without a measuring tape or any knowledge of what I'm even doing!!!  How to Make Lace Insert Jeans.... As Instructed From An Absolute Dummy! 1. Unpick the outside edges of the jeans. I unpicked the wrong side, had to sew it up and start again on the right side. 2. Cut net curtain to size. As I had no measuring tape I simply cut a full scallop size piece. From the 2 highest points of the blippy bit and straight up lol I'm so sorry I...

Sharpie Coffee Cups

  There's so many pins on  Pinterest  about the same thing that you could literally read through hundreds of them before you find one that actually works. And this little DIY project was no different! Thank goodness the cups were cheap from  The Warehouse  at $1 each. You could also get them from  Kmart . If you want to practice before you start drawing on your new cups I would recommend getting them from a thrift store or op shop for a quarter of the price and practicing on them first.  TIP #1: ALWAYS GO FOR A CUP THAT HAS AS LITTLE GLAZE ON IT AS POSSIBLE. No matter which pin I've read and experimented with, they have all said the same thing. It is  best to get cheap cups    (which is faaaantastic cos I'm all about being on a budget) as they don't have as much glaze on them like a more expensive cup would have. The glaze causes cracking and bubbling in the design!! Not handy!!! 😳 I wanted the cups to be  dishwasher proof ...

How To Make Your Fave Jeans Fit 20 Years Later

 Omg! I am horrified!!! While my body is aging my mind isn't. And I'm kinda like Peter Pan and I never want to grow up!  The hair is starting to go grey round the edges.....  and in the middle and on the sides and the skin is well, it's not where it should be. And what's up with this under eye bag BS???  Shall we have a wee complain about the middle region? Anyone got a puncture and need a spare tyre? Anyone?? I got one above the hips and below the boobs you can have! *sighs* How bout them thighs, and that booty? More dimples than a goofball! Gravity  has taken over!  I knowwww the struggles!!! Now what do we do about it? Well we have 2 choices. We can either accept ourselves the way we are and be happy or we can exercise, diet and do healthy things... And be happy. I hesitated because I'm lazy and the very thought of breaking a sweat makes me break into a sweat. However I hear exercising releases endorphins and creates a feel good feeling! I'll let you kno...